krangl is licensed under MIT License.
kalasim started off as a blunt rewrite of dplyr. and we are deeply thankful for its permissive licence that enabled setting up this project.
Similar APIs (not just Kotlin)
- Scala DataTable: a lightweight, in-memory table structure written in Scala
- joinery implements data frames for Java
- tablesaw which is (according to its authors) the The simplest way to slice data in Java
- paleo which provides immutable Java 8 data frames with typed columns
- agate isa Python data analysis library that is optimized for humans instead of machines
- pandas provides high-performance, easy-to-use data structures and data analysis tools for python (cheatsheet)
- dplyr which is a grammar of data manipulation (R-lang)
- morpheus-core which is a data science framework implementing an R-like data-frame for the JVM
- Frameless is a Scala library for working with Spark using more expressive types, including a more strongly typed Dataset/DataFrame API
Other data-science projects
- vectorz is a fast and flexible numerical library for Java featuring N-dimensional arrays
- koma is a scientific computing library written in Kotlin, designed to allow development of cross-platform numerical applications
- termsql converts text from a file or from stdin into SQL table and query it instantly. Uses sqlite as backend.
- kotliquery is a handy database access library
- Dex : The Data Explorer is a data visualization tool written capable of powerful ETL and publishing web visualizations
- kravis which implements a Kotlin DSL for scientific data visualization
- XChart is a light weight Java library for plotting data
- Charts in TornadoFX provide visualzation examples using javaFX
Holger Brandl holds a Ph.D. degree in machine learning and has developed new concepts in the field of computational linguistics. More recently he has co-authored publications in high-ranking journals such as Nature and Science. To stay in sync with what's happening in tech, he's developing open-source tools, methods and algorithms for bioinformatics, high-performance computing and data science. He's passionate about data science, machine learning, kotlin, R, elegant APIs and data visualisation in particular in relations applications from systems biology and industrial manufacturing.